Kathmandu: Nepal police has directed petrol pumps not to sell petrol in open bottles.
As it was found that highly inflammable petroleum products in containers such as bottles and jerkin were being sold openly from the pumps, the police have directed to stop the sale and distribution of such products immediately.
Prem Prasad Acharya of Ilam committed self-immolation by sprinkling petrol on his body in front of Parliament House in Baneshwar on Tuesday afternoon.
He died on Wednesday morning during his treatment at Burn Hospital in Kirtipur.
After the incident, the police has issued such notice.